Pages


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 9 93 miles Hazard Ky. To Berea Ky.


Gays Creek Post Office


Road way cut thru mountain
I have just completed the 2nd of 10 maps. So far i have ridden 9 days and 742 miles. 8 maps to go. 20% complete. Another 90 plus mile day today. Feeling pretty good. The roads are indeed getting flatter. I feel very confident i can keep this pace up. I have decided to abandon the idea of camping only as a last resort. I will keep what gear i have as i can manage its weight well. The additional time involved with every aspect of camping would greatly restrict my riding time. As much as i enjoy the ride and have been looking forward to doing this for some time it is still very challenging. Camping, although fun , will be saved for another time.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work vince! We have been reading everyday. This is the first time the comments are working for us, strange though since I'm on my phone. Love the pictures. Hope you are having an amazing journey! Lauren & Natale

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are with you Vinny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you are looking for housing...not camping...try looking into couchsurfing.org
    my kids have done that while hiking and traveling across the country and back.
    read about you in THE CENTRAL VIRGINIAN...live in cuckoo va....just thought i would pass this tip (couchsurfing) onto you.
    i hope you will stop and see my daughter and her husband at sultana cycles in cottonwood, AZ...
    happy pedaling!! be safe.

    ReplyDelete