Pages


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 31 48 miles Hanksville Ut. to Torrey Ut.




Hey! What can I say. If you put the last 2 days together and average them out thats still 93 miles per day. No really, i just could not get it going. I felt as if I had no strength at all. Not only in my legs but my arms as well. The day started out very nicely, cool with calm winds. It quickly became very windy and overcast. I knew that I had some rolling hills coming, but nothing that I could not handle. I was also distracted a little this morning in that I spoke with a cycling buddy of mine who predicted that I could finish the entire trip in 30 days. Thats not going to happen. The only way that this could have been possible would have been with a very lightweight road bike carrying only the very simplest of gear,like one change of clothes and a patch kit. I also spent time on the phone with a reporter from the Bucks County Courier Times. They want to run a human interest story and needed all kinds of information. They also need an action shot of me on the bike to print with the article. The article should appear in this coming mondays edition. So with the day half shot in the behind and I feeling like a slug up a tree I happened on the beautiful little town of Torrey (pop.173) to rest up. Of course after I checked in the sun came back out, oh well time to rest. Enjoy more of Southern Utah.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing! Utah was never on my list of places to see but now I'm going to have to visit. Looking forward to reading the article. ~Lauren and Kelly Keller (mom and dad are too busy in mexico hahha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A break is good every now and then enjoy it an come back tomorrow better than ever and more refreshed, great job Steve

    ReplyDelete