Pages


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 25 57 miles Pueblo Co. to Westcliffe Co.




view from my motel room
Late start today due to bike needing repairs. If ever I was to have problems with the bike, this is the place. I had the bike in the shop at 9:30, I was out the door by 11:00. For some reason I did not feel quite up to par today. I felt tired with little energy. Maybe this was due to not getting up and getting going as early as I am used to. Anyway, I knew that there was a big climb today (4000 ft.) so i just needed to gut it out. As the mountains began to slip under my wheels I felt a new energy. Even though the climb was challenging the rewards were spectacular. The shot of the sunset over the mountains were taken from the deck at the motel. Much more to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Go Vince Go almost there, lookin good, pics are great! 4000 ft look at it this way its only 1333.33333333.....yards isn't that better :):):):) Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northern California Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis FoundationJuly 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM

    The Northern California Chapter just learned of your amazing journey and we are sending tons of energy your way! We look forward to meeting you upon your arrival to San Francisco! Thank you for your commitment and dedication to cystic fibrosis.

    ReplyDelete