Pages


Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 7 80 miles Breaks Va.

I am only 4 miles from the Kentucky border. Finally done with Virginia. 575 miles total so far in just 7 days. I was feeling pretty good about myself until i stepped out of my hotel room a saw three seemingly very stealth touring cyclists fly by. These folks were really moving but were on full road racing bikes with minimal gear. Still i feel that i am making good time without hurting myself. There were several long and steep climbs again today. I felt i handled them much better than on day 3. I recovered much quicker and don't feel as spent at the end of the day. Maybe only one or two more hilly days and things get much flatter. I may consider more miles if my body allows on the flatter routes. Happy 4 of July to all.

1 comment:

  1. watch out for those Kentucky folk if you know what i mean i hear they don't like us damm yankees keep up the pace only 3225 miles to go a piece of cake Tom

    ReplyDelete