Pages


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 11 96 miles Bardstown Ky. to Falls of Rough Ky.




Another awesome day of cycling.I have now crossed into the central time zone. The speedometer on the bike will stay to east coast time ,but my cell phone resets itself to whatever time zone i am in. Only a small sun shower at about 2 p.m. today. By the time i got my rain gear on the rain had stopped and the roads were dry. I am sure that if i did not bring ant rain gear this cycling route would have had its most rainfall ever. I have only passed one other cyclist travelling westward as myself. A 63 year old former marine who did not do his homework prior to starting his endeavor. Poor equipment, improper gearing, uncomfortable seat, the guy was walking his bike up small hills. I could not help but feel bad for this dude, but he should have done better research. Many other cyclist were going eastbound and were within 10 to 14 days of finishing. I sure can't wait to be that close myself.

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring Uncle Vinny. Looks like a tough, but fun journey. Good luck!

    -Celina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun i am sure that you would like to try this soon. Maybe a Schrier cross country trip together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete