Pages


Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 14 108 miles Corbondale Illinios to Pilot Knob Missouri





Tough but rewarding ride into Missouri today. A little too far for the conditions. Hot, hilly and windy. Rode  through the small town of Chester Ill.. The hometown of the creator of the Popeye series This whole town is crazy for popeye. There is even a spinach can museum. Many buildings are painted with images of popeye and olive oil and whoever the others are. Cycled into Mo. and over the Mississippi River. There area surrounding the river is very flat. No wonder it floods so often. Had my 1st flat today. A very slow leak in my front tire. It is now repaired and ready for a shorter ride on Monday as the heat wave continues. As some of my neighbors expected, BOB is going on a diet. He has grown very heavy following me around this journey of mine without doing any of the work. I will be visiting a post office this morning. After 2 full weeks if it has not been used it's going back to langhorne.

3 comments:

  1. you are kicking butt...i am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...email me for your newspaper! be safe and healthy (from cuckoo, va)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, honey. But I'm sure you are sending the DIRTY, STINKY clothes home to your adoring, loving supportive WIFE!!!!!!! Reports from Levittown, you mother-in-law, says she will gladly wash your clothes. HA! HA! Doing great. Keep up the good work. I love you and Mom has St. Christopher praying for you. (~.~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps St. Christopher can pedal a few hundred miles for me as well

    ReplyDelete