Pages


Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 33 67.5 miles Escalante Ut. to Panquitch Ut.



personal bike path


tunnel through rock for cars
Another modest day on the road in preparation of a 3800 vertical feet 32 mile upward climbing day tomorrow. The elevation profile on the map does not always accurately portray the severity or steepness of each climb. But just in case I figured I would give myself a few extra hours of recovery time today. Most people do not equate Utah with being very mountainous. I can tell you first hand that the southern portion definitely is. Tomorrow will be my final day in Utah and the completion of the 8th of 10 maps. A grand total of 3014 miles to date. Next is Nevada then on to California. There was an 8 mile stretch of bicycle path along the route today. Very nice.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing sunset!! These latest pictures are phenomenal.what a great job your doing with the camera.see you soon.luv you

    ReplyDelete