Pages


Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 13 101 miles Marion Ky. to Carbondale Il.


ramp to ferry

ferry

foggy
Woke up nice and early to patchy fog but no clouds. Many of the mornings in this area have a lot of patchy fog ,like over a lake, up until around 9 a.m. when the sun is high. Some areas are completely clear while others are totally shrouded in fog. Crossed into Southern Illinois this morning on an actual ferry boat over the Ohio River. Several good shots of this although still very foggy, it was only 7 a.m. Had another great day of riding. Was a little concerned about my legs ofter the long day yesterday. I did drag a little in the morning but came on strong in the afternoon. I attended an evening mass in town. There are very few catholic churches in these parts. The baptists outnumber us at least 10 to 1. Tomorrows day will see the completion of Illinois and the start of Missouri. Another state behind me.

3 comments:

  1. So fun following you uncle Vinny! Tristan now calls you uncle Benny and has been praying for you and your bike every night. Love and prayers and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many states is that now? I can't even comprehend how much progress you're making, but it's crazy, in a good way. Go Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the support. I am in my 4th state. Misssouri.

    ReplyDelete