Pages


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 24 113 miles Eads Co. to Pueblo Co.

golden wheatfields at dawn

super sunrise

is anyone out there

SWEEEEET!

first glimpse of the Rockies
In anticipation of another sweltering hot, windy day of cycling I got up extra early to beat the heat and arrive at my next 62 mile destination before it got extremely hot. I could not have been more wrong. At 5 a.m. the temps were right around 70. A little cooler than it had been. I set off only to be greeted with a TAIL WIND and level to slightly downhill roads. It also stayed very comfortable temperature wise. I made my 62 mile destination by 10:30 a.m. I forged of to the following nights stop point in Pueblo, easily arriving by 4 p.m. Now the bad news. Mechanical problems with the bike. My only saving grace is that this happened only 200 yards from my hotel and in a town of 100k people, the largest town to date. The problem is that the bike will not coast. The pedals are always engaged. I spoke to a local bike shop owner. It was too late in the day to do anything tonight. I hired a service to transport me and all my gear to the bike shop 1st thing in the morning for hopefully a quick repair. I   wonder if this is someones way of telling me to take a half day off.????????????

4 comments:

  1. sounds like the FLUX CAPASITOR is bad better have a few cold ones and take it easy TOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you thinking that someone was more spiritual or was it more Linda's voice telling you to take a 1/2 day off?? Great pics.. we are all home here cheering you on!!! Always in our thoughts and prayers!!! Be safe.. stay hydrated! It was great to get the chance to talk/shout out to you the other night when we were all together for a night out! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Di! Thanks for the support

    ReplyDelete
  4. No beer until my front tire rolls into the pacific

    ReplyDelete