Pages


Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 29 98 miles Rico Co. to Montecello Ut.

leaving colorado

starting to flatten out


a whole different landscaoe
Team Little Man Domenic roared into Southern Utah this afternoon leaving the beauty that is Colorado behind. It is amazing at how quickly the surroundings changed as I headed out of the mountains. The area now is mostly flat with very few trees. I am still at 7000 ft. which helps to keep the temps very comfortable. I lost my riding partner yesterday to a day of hiking in Telluride. I wish him all the best of luck. It looks as though i will be camping tomorrow. There does not seem to be any other option as there are no indoor sleeping accommodations on this section of the route. I doubt that there will be any internet as well. This area is extremely remote with very few towns. Wish me luck. Oh yes, I almost forgot. I stopped along the roadside this morning to see if I could be of any assistance to an older couple foraging in there trunk. He had a walking cast on one foot, she had a walker. I changed a flat tire for them in record time. The husband was so thankful he offered to pay for tonights lodging. That worked out well.

4 comments:

  1. Always the good samaritan.........that's our Vinny! Be careful out there camping brother!!
    I thought you sent your camping gear home???
    Tom and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince you are so sweet to have stopped and helped them! If only there were more people in the world like you. -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Tom and Cheryl, I kept the tent, but decided not to camp anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vinny
    the Bucks Co Courier times just printed your story. Monday August 1. Looking forward to following you on your blog. Great job and good luck raising money, hope your trip goes well

    Chris Schrier

    ReplyDelete