Pages


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 30 148.5 miles Monticello Ut. to Hanksville Ut.





colorado river
Took a huge bit out of Utah today. A favorable breeze, cooler temps and overcast skies all assisted in making this day my top mileage day to date. Colorado is by far the most beautiful of all the states I have visited. I can honestly say that Utah is a very close second. The pictures tell the story. The red stone canyons, buttes,mesa's, hills and valley floors all add to the unique almost lunar landscape of this territory. My original intent was to camp at Lake Powell which was at 98 mile mark. I arrived at that spot much earlier than expected. With the next town a short 50 miles away and baby Domenic supplying me with a rare tail wind, Team Little Man put the hammer down and laid tracks for Hanksville.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, honey! These pictures are wonderful. I'm glad you had a good day. Luv you (.)

    ReplyDelete