Pages


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 32 64.5 miles Torrey Ut. to Escalante Ut.

UP

TO

THE

TOP

Feeling much better today having ridden such a short day yesterday. In hindsight there was no way that I could have made it to the next town feeling the way that I did. Todays ride started out at 55 degrees and crystal clear skies. The first 21 miles were all uphill which took me 3 hours alone to complete. The balance of the ride was a combination of flat road, some extreme downhills and a few more steady uphills. The terrain in this area is an odd mix of many different settings. The first backdrop that I encountered today were a mix of highland meadows and pine cone timber ridges. Next I began to cut downward through a series of white and pink limestone. All in all it is a dizzying universe of pinnacles,castles,spires and towers, an ever changing kaleidoscope of a hundred different colors and formations.

No comments:

Post a Comment