Pages


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lower Bucks, New Jersey and Irene

angry river







It's seems a little strange to get back on the bike again just to go out for a 75 mile fitness ride. Get dressed, fill up water bottles, done the bike and arrive back 5 hours later in the same place at which I started. I wanted to try and capture the wrath of the hurricane over this past weekend but mostly what I came away with were swollen pictures of the Delaware River, flooded roads and tree limbs on the roadways. I could hear generators still humming for the unfortunate who were still without power, keeping food cold and pumping out flooded basements. My normal route was interrupted by high water which was o.k. in that I was forced to alter my sometimes too regular path. I do not as yet have a full work schedule allowing me a little free time to enjoy some cooler than normal summer days. I did by chance happen upon a British Motorcycling Shop that was displaying some of there wares. These pictures should be particularly intriguing  to brother Ted in Merced who owns a vintage B.S.A. motorcycle himself.                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment