Pages


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 36 64 miles Baker Nv. to Ely Nv.



350 miles of Rt. 50



Shorter but fun day today. A little breezy but not enough to complain about. Stunning mountain ranges and valleys, mountain ranges and valleys, well you get the picture. After 5 weeks I finally realized that I had a movie option on the camera. I shot some video today. I hope it works. It did not. The entire timetable for the trip was changed due to the speed at which the road in skipping under my wheels. My brother Ted, who lives in nearby Merced Ca. will be picking me up in Sacramento on this Sunday. I will spend the week at his place. On Friday morning he will drop me back off in Sacramento to complete the ride to San Francisco on Friday afternoon. A group  consisting of brother Ted, his family, the northern California Chapter for Cystic Fibrosis and of course Linda will greet me at the south entrance of the Golden Gate Bridge. Game Set Match

7 comments:

  1. im gladthings aregoing well.. keep it up

    your friends at bike revs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the great job vince its almost Miller time your doing something that most people will only dream about can"t wait to hear all the stories I bet you have some good ones be safe TOMKeller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tom K. You better believe its almost Miller Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bike Rev. Thanks for your support! Great to hear from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are in the same place mileage wise when you met those other cyclists on the east coast (700 miles) from the end. and you were just starting. I can't believe you are almost done. I am sooooooo proud of you (~.~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ron & Barb BalascoAugust 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM

    Wow! What a trip! We're enjoying your pictures and writing.....have been praying for your safe return.
    Blessings - Ron & Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Northern California Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis FoundationAugust 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM

    Vinny, we are so looking forward to welcoming you to San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete