Pages


Friday, July 3, 2015

Day #5 Montrose Colorado to Bishop California 775 miles

This day was certainly not as spectacular as traversing the rocky mountains, but still a tremendous day in the very arid states that are Utah and Nevada. Even though i am trying to stay off the interstates, my planned route led me on to I70 where i saw my first 80 mph posted speed limit. I do at least try to travel at the speed limit ,but even doing 80 i was the slowest person on the road??? The landscapes in these 2 states are very similar, almost lunar. Not much seems to grow here, small dwarf pine trees and scrub grass, except for the farmers who are forced to irrigate. I have been very lucky avoiding any kind of rain. It almost seems that when a storm cloud appears, my route takes leads me away from it. That was not the case this evening when i got caught in a pop up shower, although 15 minutes later the sun was out to dry me off.  Short day tomorrow through Yosemite into Merced.




1 comment:

  1. linda said you made it great cant wait to make that trip myself someday must be very head clearing be safe tom

    ReplyDelete