Pages


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 3 Lexington Va. 72 miles of hills

what is to come

she was not home


view from the top


As expected I knew this days little trek over these Blue Ridge Mountain Range was not going to be easy. It was not the steepness of the climbs but more the length. Almost 2700 ft of gained elevation in all. I simply took my time, stayed in a very low and comfortable gear, and very slowly attended to each and every climb with total success. The weather was very much on my side, sunny,very little wind and humidity and only warm temps. I also took several breaks as well. Maybe an easy day tommorow as i am well ahead of schedule. (what schedule?????) Many pics.  Also a kind lady and her husband upon hearing my story in the hotel parking lot suprized me by paying for my dinner.(COOL)

3 comments:

  1. going for wings on friday with the guys we'll miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessings from the cool lady..following your trip..Willow

    ReplyDelete