Pages


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Yorktown, Va. to San Francisco, CA for Cystic Fibrosis

Welcome to my blog.

I've been trying to cross adventures off my "bucket list."  Last year, 2010, was a round-trip cross-country motorcycle ride from home, Langhorne, PA to Lake Tahoe ending in Modesto, CA.  Including a hike up Half-Dome, in Yosomite National Park with my older brother, Ted, my nephew, Teddy and Logan.  Then returned home back to Langhorne.  Whole trip encompassed 2 weeks and approx. 7000 miles.

So, this year, 2011, is a tribute cross-country bicycle ride for Domenic. He was born with Cystic Fibrosis and lost the fight after only 5 months of life. Therefore, I am busy training with a new bicycle, breaking in a new seat and trailer for a late June departure.  I anticipate arriving in San Francisco for Labor Day weekend, then to Modesto, CA.

I will be accepting donations for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, "Team Little Man Domenic", via this direct website for Great Strides http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/VincentSchrier Help me raise money for research and heightened awareness to CURE this devastating childhood disease.

4 comments:

  1. Yay Dad! I'm so proud of you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Vince. If anyone can pull this off you can.

    Now you do know that a blog should contain more than one post, right? How about some updates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...if your going to San Francisco, be sure to wear flowers in your hair..."

    ReplyDelete